Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

June 18, 2012

Slow-Roasted Tomato Quarters

Slow-Roasted Tomato Quarters

I found this recipe in the June 2012 Vegetarian Times and clipped it for its simplicity.

You simply quarter plum tomatoes and place a slice of garlic on top of each.
Then sprinkle with Herbes de Provence or Italian seasoning and Kosher salt.




Drizzle olive oil on top and roast for an hour.


This is a great, simple side dish in the summer!

I find it hard to drizzle olive oil without dousing food with too much.
So next time I will toss the tomatoes in a little bit of oil before lining them up on the baking sheet and sprinkling on the herbs and salt.

The original recipe calls for Herbes de Provence which I did not have on hand, so I improvised with Italian seasoning and no one was the wiser!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.