Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

June 2, 2012

Pan Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

London Reid's
Pan Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

I saw this recipe on the London Reid blog a couple of weeks ago and decided to try it out.
I was making a new marinara sauce for dinner last night, and thought this would be great as another topping for pasta.
I knew the boys wouldn't eat it, so I only made enough pan roasted tomatoes for David and me, and maybe some lunch leftovers - but no chance.  They were all gone.

I had all the ingredients on hand, and the dish was delicious, and so so simple!

I placed a mixture of cherry tomatoes that I had on hand in a skillet and drizzled them with olive oil.
I heated the tomatoes on medium for a couple of minutes.


Then I added minced garlic, Kosher salt, and some julienned fresh basil leaves.

Sorry for the blurry photos.  Perhaps too many things going on at once in the kitchen...


After about 12 minutes, the tomatoes were softened and starting to burst a little, so I knew the were ready.  I added a little extra basil and transferred them to a serving dish.

This looks like too much basil, but is there such a thing??


The tomatoes were really, really good on the penne!
And the smell of olive oil, garlic, and basil cooking in the kitchen was Heavenly!!


Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


Buon appetito!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.