Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

June 25, 2012

Easy Black Beans

Easy Black Beans

We eat a lot of beans in our house.
Black beans, chickpeas, and green beans are our favorites, but we eat all kinds.

I've shared a couple of black bean recipes already including one of my go-to meals Black Bean Enchiladas which my boys ask for all the time, and how I cook Black Beans and Rice from dried beans.

This recipe is my way of turning a can of black beans into something a little more special, to use in tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, burritos, naked burritos, salads, or just with rice.

I had 7 different "spiced black beans" recipes in my arsenal, from great chefs.
 I've taken something from each of them to create my own version.

I usually make this recipe with 2 cans of black beans, and I'm lucky if I have leftovers once the family gets through dinner.

If I don't get my onion chopped up small enough (see below!), then I have been known to puree the cooked beans to make refried black beans so that I don't pick out the onion at the dinner table. 
Refried black beans are delicious in quesadillas.



We do make-your-own quesadillas a lot using this inexpensive quesadilla maker the boys got me from Target a few years ago for Mother's Day.



Refried or whole black beans are a staple for our quesadillas.
We also usually have shredded cheese, scrambled egg, avocado, cilantro, and salsas to choose from.


Tonight I made whole bean black beans and the boys ate them in taco shells and with heated corn tortillas with lots of salsas and chopped romaine (we're out of cheese).  The beans were completely gone, and the boys were happy - win!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.




Buen Provecho!

Easy to enhance regular canned black beans, a staple in our house


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.