Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

June 25, 2012

Cilantro Lime Chickpea Salad

Cilantro Lime Chickpea Salad

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and decided to try it out to go along with our Avocado Pita Pizzas with Cilantro sauce.  While I had out the fresh cilantro and food processor, it seemed a perfect accompaniment.

Angela from Oh She Glows made this recipe and I modified it only in that I did not use diced onion.
We're just not onion fans around here, and I wanted to give this recipe a fighting chance!  I also replaced the spinach with fresh kale.

I chopped the kale finely in the food processor, then added it to rinsed and drained chickpeas.


Then I made the dressing by pulsing lime juice, cilantro, Dijon mustard, sugar, garlic, cumin, and oil in the food processor (following the directions that I didn't even need to rinse out the food processor after chopping the kale - super easy!).

It just makes a little bit of dressing, which is all this recipe needs.


I tossed the chickpeas, kale and dressing together, then served the salad over a bed of brown rice that I had in the fridge.  Others on Pinterest recommended serving it on romaine, quinoa, and Basmati rice.  I'm sure they'd all be great!



Really delicious!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.