Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 15, 2013

Tomato Salad

Tomato Salad

The farmer's market had some great looking tomatoes on Saturday, so I picked up some to take to the lake.  They disappeared!  David said they may have been his favorite food that he ate at the dinner!

I made a vinaigrette by whisking together olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, and fresh basil. I added a little sea salt and pepper.
 


I cut red, orange, and yellow tomatoes into 8 wedges in and tossed with the vinaigrette.
I let it chill until we were ready to eat.



 
Once we were ready to eat, I tossed the tomatoes again, drained off the excess vinaigrette, and added some more fresh basil and parsley.
 
Then I topped it off with feta cheese crumbles, and we served it with dinner.
 
(no need to drain the excess vinaigrette if not adding feta)

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

 
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.