Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 8, 2013

Sauteed Mustard Greens

Sauteed Mustard Greens
 
This recipe comes straight from Anne Burrell at foodnetwork.com.  I was looking for a healthy, simple way to cook greens like mustard, collard, and turnip and found this one that I liked a lot.
 
Start by washing the mustard greens and remove the hard stems.  Cut them into 2 inch pieces.  You don't have to dry them thoroughly.
 

 
 
Heat olive oil (a Tbsp or so) in a large pan with halved garlic and red pepper flakes.  Allow the garlic to brown slightly and get really fragrant.  Discard the garlic.

 
 
Add the greens and cover, cooking until they are wilted.
Stir in the red wine vinegar, and season with Kosher salt.
 
Serve hot.
 
I didn't have red wine vinegar so I used Balsamic and it was too vinegar-y.  The second time I used red wine vinegar and it was much, much better.
 
I'm going to try this dish again with other greens.  But it certainly worked well with mustard greens!
 
 
 
Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

 
Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.