Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 1, 2013

Mock Chocolate Truffles

Mock Chocolate Truffles
 
This recipe is courtesy of wellness coach, and my friend, Sandy Thomas.  We made these mock truffles in a cooking class I took with Sandy and friends last year.  They were delicious, and I made them with Brennan today.
 
Excuse the state of the kitchen, we're having interior painting done this week!
 
While Brennan really prefers creating his own recipes, he is also good at following a recipe, so I put him to work today in the kitchen.
 
We started by chopping pecans in the food processor.
 
Then we added pitted dates, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and one tablespoon of water, per the directions.  This gave us a rough texture, so we added another tablespoon of water or two until we go the right texture - rather smooth.
 
Then we rolled the truffles, and rolled half through cocoa powder, and half through shredded coconut.
 

 
 
I chilled them in the fridge until after dinner, but we didn't make it that long.
 

 
 
This recipe made about 3 dozen.  I loved the coconut.  David and Brennan (my dark chocolate lovers) really liked the cocoa powder ones.
 
 
 
I am understating how much they loved this dessert.
 
They absolutely loved these.  In fact, they completely disappeared.  Before dinner!
 
David thought they made a great special treat to take to a dinner.  Brennan wants to make more to take to his grandmother's house this weekend.  And he wants to make them for Thomas.
 
If you have any leftover, store them in an air tight container in the fridge.
 
Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.