Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

November 19, 2012

Sweet Potato and Apple Soup


Sweet Potato and Apple Soup
 
This yummy soup comes from the December 2012 Real Simple magazine.
It was easy and delicious, and really good heated up the next day for lunch.
 
I started by heating olive oil in my soup pot and adding in chopped onion with salt and pepper.
Then I added in peeled and chopped sweet potatoes, an apple, vegetable broth, and nutmeg, letting it boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.

 
 
 
 Then I turned off the heat and used my handy immersion blender to mix it all up.
 
And done!

 
The recipe suggests serving with blue cheese, chopped walnuts, crackers, and sliced apples.
 
I think these extras made the soup even better!
I served it with thinly sliced apples, chopped walnuts, and feta crumbles.
 
Warm and delicious!



Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.