Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

November 19, 2012

Chickpea and Tofu Mild Curry


Chickpea and Tofu Mild Curry

 
I have never made curry from scratch, so I was excited to try this mild curry from the You Are What You Eat cookbook that I've used so much.
 
There are a lot of ingredients to this dish, but most of them I already had in the fridge, pantry, or cabinet.
 
I started by cooking onions in olive oil for 10 minutes until they were very tender.
(there's a theme, I'm venturing out and cooking with onions more and more these days)
 
Then I added in drained/cubed tofu, chickpeas, fresh cilantro, diced carrots, spices, and water. 
I brought it to a boil, then covered it and let it simmer for 10 minutes.



While it was simmering I boiled a large pot of salted water and cooked a pound of shredded kale for about 4 minutes until it was good and tender.
 
I added in dissolved cornstarch and miso that I had dissolved with a little bit of the curry liquid, and let the curry cook another few minutes.


 
I drained the kale and placed it on a platter, topping it with the curry and some fresh cilantro.
 
 
I served the curry with rice and warmed naan.
 
The flavors are very mild and might need a little more salt during the cooking process.
But everyone liked it and it made for a nice change of pace!
 
Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 
आप का खाना स्वादिष्ट हो
(Hindi for "Bon Appetit!")


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.