Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

January 27, 2013

Cranberry-Apple Delight

Cranberry-Apple Delight
 
This recipe comes from the November/December 2012 Mississippi Magazine and I would have called it a "Crisp" instead of a "Delight", but I'll stay true to the original title!
 
My mom has a wonderful Apple Crisp recipe, but I was intrigued by this one because it mixes apple and cranberry, which I thought would be great for a winter baby shower/wine club gathering.
 
You'll notice there are no cranberries.  Epic fail!  I couldn't find raw cranberries anywhere in January!
So I replaced them with more apples - I vow to try this recipe with the cranberries next Fall.
 
This is a quick recipe and great for a crowd.
 
I cut up 10 cups of tart green apples (normally would be 6 c apples and 4 c raw cranberries), tossed them with lemon juice and sugar and place them in a sprayed 9x13 baking dish.
 

 
Then I mixed up the topping by combining melted butter, uncooked oats, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, and chopped pecans.

I crumbled this on top of the apples, and baked for 50 minutes at 350*.

 
It was delicious and didn't last long served hot out of the oven with vanilla ice cream!
 
Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 
Enjoy!
 

1 comment:

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.