Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

January 17, 2013

Kale, Kale, Kale

It's been well over a month since I posted a new recipe.
 
Unfortunately for you, I have two kale recipes to share in this post.
 
I love kale though, but I'm still learning how to cook it. 
Thought I'd share two recipes that worked well for us.
I'll admit up front I was having camera issues so not the best photos, oh well.
 
This first is one of those funny-titled ones from the Abs Diet Cookbook.

 
 
Kale, Kale, The Gang's All Here
This very simple recipe was delicious.  I'll certainly make it again and again.

Heat olive oil in a frying pan and cook minced garlic for 1 minute.

Add chopped kale and saute for 5 minutes until wilted.  

 
Add one can of rinsed & drained cannellini or navy beans. 
Add to the kale and garlic and heat through.
Season with salt & pepper, and drizzle on more olive oil if you want.
 
 
Blurry, but yummy.
 
 
The second kale recipe comes from my new cookbook Chloe's Kitchen
I love this cookbook!  I'm actually reading it cover to cover right now.
 
 
 
Garlicky Greens
 
Very similar to the above recipe, this one has a kick to it, and no beans.
 
Heat olive oil in a frying pan and stir in kale, heating until wilted, about 5 minutes.  Add lots of minced garlic and cook for another minute.  Remove from heat and toss with lemon juice and red pepper flakes.  Serve immediately. 
 
 
Delish!
(Ok, that might be pushing it, but really not bad!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Eat Your Veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.