Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

February 3, 2013

Avocado Pesto Pasta

Avocado Pesto Pasta
 
This is another yummy recipe from Chloe Coscarelli's cookbook that we tried out this week.
I think this may be my favorite pesto recipe - and I've made tons of different pestos.
We loved the creaminess of this one - and the great flavors.
 
 
I made a pound of linguine in salted water while I made the pesto in my food processor.
For the pesto I used basil, pine nuts, 2 avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil.
I drizzled in the olive oil as the other ingredients were chopping and combining.
 
The recipe calls for 1/2 c olive oil, but I think next time I'll start with 1/4 c and see if I want to add more.

 
I placed the hot pasta in a large bowl and topped it with the pesto.


Combined it and served immediately.
We ate the leftovers later as well - the lemon juice protects the avocado from turning brown and kept the flavor great.
 
This makes a large bowl of pasta, so you could easily cut the recipe in half.
 
It was creamy and delicious!
 
Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card. 
 
Enjoy!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am doing a cookbook challenge to cook every recipe from Chloe’s Kitchen.
    Hope you don’t mind that I added your post to my blog page under “Others who made it”.
    http://eileenlikestoeat.com/2013/05/09/cookbook-challenge-chloes-kitchen-avocado-pesto-pasta-vegan/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.