Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

January 20, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Dip

 
Buffalo Chicken Dip
 
I saw this recipe in Mississippi Magazine (the Fall 2012 edition) and knew there would soon be a great opportunity to make this appetizer.  Tailgating, Super Bowl party, who knew?  But I knew it would be a hit, and it was!
 
I made this dish for a recent Wine Club/baby shower that we hosted and it was the first dish to run out.  That's always a good sign.
 
You start by melting cream cheese over medium high heat until smooth.
Then you stir in finely chopped celery, hot wing sauce, and shredded chicken.
 
Transfer it to a baking dish.
 
And top with crumbled bleu cheese.
This point I covered the dip and put it in the oven until a few minutes before the party.
 
Bake it for 20 minutes at 425* and serve with Frito Scoops.
 
I don't eat much chicken, but this was really really good!
 
Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I've had a version of this but yours looks even better with the addition of the blue cheese on top. This sounds like a Super Bowl party winner!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.