Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

May 8, 2013

Mushroom Bisque

Mushroom Bisque
 
I had this soup at a Service League luncheon and it was so good.
I made it for Brennan, David, and me one night and while they didn't love it like I did, I think I could easily modify it and they'd really enjoy it.
 
You start by sauteing cremini (baby portobello) mushrooms and chopped onion in olive oil until the onions are translucent.  I would chop the onions more finely for David next time.
 
Then add vegetable broth and allow to simmer.


In the blender I added more vegetable broth, milk (I used almond but any kind is OK), seasonings, the remaining mushrooms, and walnuts that I had toasted in the oven for 10 minutes first.  I would puree this more finely for Brennan next time.

 
Then I added the blended vegetables and liquids to the cooked vegetables and let it simmer for awhile.  



Then I served it with salad and warm crusty bread.


Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.