Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

May 20, 2013

Avocado Alfredo Sauce

Avocado Alfredo Sauce

Alicia Silverstone shared this recipe on her blog last week so I tried it out.  It originally comes from EcoSalon, and it looked absolutely delicious.
 
I made up a large pot of pasta - rotini was what I had in the pantry.
Then I made the "alfredo" sauce by combining avocados, fresh basil, garlic cloves, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper in the food processor.
 

 
I drained the pasta and tossed it with the sauce, then topped it off with Kalamata olives and a little lemon zest.

 
It was really good.  David and I loved it.  Brennan liked it even better the next day, warmed up for an after school snack. 
 
David was pretty certain I had made this dish before, so I looked here on the blog and lo and behold - a different version of this same meal - although this other version was more of a pesto and included pine nuts.  You can find it here.
 
Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.