Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

April 25, 2013

Red Pepper Dip

Red Pepper Dip
 
I found this dip in a magazine, and I wish I could tell you which one!  I ripped it out and didn't keep the bottom of the page where it tells you which magazine.  My guess is Good Housekeeping, Fitness, or Real Simple since I never rip out the pages of my Southern Living's or Mississippi magazines!
 
Regardless, this is a great dip that works well with pita chips and vegetables.
I was concerned that I made too much last night and that we'd never finish it up, but we ended up eating most of it at supper.
 
I prefer it with cut vegetables (carrots, celery, broccoli, and cauliflower were what we had), but David and the boys liked it just like they like their hummus - with pita chips.  I have to admit - it was good with pita chips too.
 
And who am I kidding, Brennan doesn't eat peppers. 
But David, Thomas, and I really liked this recipe.
 
And it couldn't be easier.  Or healthier.  Score.
 
Simply drain a jar of roasted red peppers, and puree in a food processor or blender with cumin, Balsamic vinegar, and walnuts.
 

I think it would be great on a baked potato too.
 
Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 

 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.