Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

May 31, 2013

Cantaloupe Salsa

Cantaloupe Salsa
 
This recipe was actually called "Line-Fighting Salsa" because of its great dose of wrinkle-reducing Vitamin C.  It came from a magazine, and I'm sorry I don't know which one.  Fitness?  Southern Living?  Good Housekeeping?  Mississippi Magazine?  Bon Appetit?
 
I ripped it out because I thought it sounded like a nice salsa for fish.
We eat grilled fish pretty regularly and cantaloupes are in season so I thought it would be a nice time to try it out.
 
It was delicious.  The boys chose to eat their tilapia plain, but David and I both chose the salsa.  David recommended more chile next time, so if the boys aren't going to eat it, then maybe I will add more jalapeño.
 


There's really nothing too it. 
 
Dice up 1/2 cantaloupe, 1/3 peeled cucumber, 1 seeded jalapeño, and 1 small red onion (which I didn't add since we're not raw onion fans).  Stir in together with 3 Tbsp of fresh lime juice and 1/4 tsp sea salt.  Refrigerate until ready to use.
 
Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.