Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

May 15, 2013

Endive Avocado Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette

Endive Avocado Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
 
So first off I have to ask - what is a salad dressing that is made from herbs, citrus, & oil but contains no vinegar?  Is it still a Vinaigrette?  Let's go with that for now, OK?
 
I saw this delicious salad on Andie's blog Can You Stay for Dinner
 
And because I had most of the ingredients on hand, I decided to make it to go with pasta and basil marinara I was already planning last night.
 
It was so, so good, and fresh.
And a very simple recipe, perfect for the spring with all the great produce out.
 
Whisk up the Vinaigrette of fresh lemon juice, a minced garlic clove, olive oil, shredded Parmesan, salt, & pepper.  Then toss the lettuce with the dressing and plate it for each person.  I used endive because it's what I had and was tired of romaine.  Andie's original recipe calls for arugula.  Your pick!
 
Top with halved cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado and a sprinkling of Sea Salt and black pepper.
 
I had a big avocado so we all got generous portions of sliced avocado.  Win-win.

 
Brennan and David felt like it might be a little too lemon-y so you can play with the flavor as you're making up your dressing. 
 
Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.