Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

December 2, 2012

Five Ingredient Pasta Toss


Five Ingredient Pasta Toss

 
At the end of a very busy weekend, I decided to throw this dish together so we could all watch a family movie together.  So easy, and great with a side vegetable, or by itself as we chose to eat it tonight!
 
I cooked bowtie pasta al dente.  While it was cooking I added olive oil and crushed garlic to my serving bowl.

 
Then I tossed in rinsed & drained pinto beans, and chopped fresh basil.
The original recipe calls for white beans, but I chose pinto and they worked well.

 
I drained the pasta and tossed it together right away with the remaining ingredients, and served.
 
The original recipe also calls for a can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with the juice.
Because my kids don't like tomatoes, I skipped this ingredient.
 
David recommends doubling up on the beans.
I am reminding myself to season the pasta water because the pasta needed a little extra salt.
The boys think there was too much garlic, so I cut it back to 2 cloves in the recipe below.
 
Perfect accompaniment to Elf tonight!
 
Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.