Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

December 6, 2012

Cinnamon Apples

Cinnamon Apples
 
My friend Kami, who makes the best whole-foods dishes for her kids, sent me this recipe from Taste of Home for a sweet treat.  It's a quick dish that can be made ahead of time and pulled out after dinner.
 
There are only 4 ingredients, all of which I have on hand, except for the red hot candies.
I couldn't find them anywhere!  Do they only sell red hots at Valentine's Day? 
Well, honestly, I only looked in 3 stores, but still.
 
So I went with hot cinnamon Jolly Ranchers, and I think they worked just as well.
 
 
I boiled water, sugar, and Jolly Ranchers in a saucepan until the candies fully dissolved.

 
Then I carefully added in my peeled & quartered apples, and let them cook until they were tender - about 15 minutes.  You could go longer, as long as the apples stay intact.
 
Here they are after 10 minutes. 

 
When they're tender, you place the apples in a serving dish and pour the syrup over the top.
Let them cool for a couple of minutes, then cover them and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
 
I wish I had a plated photo of this dish, but they disappeared so quickly! 
They were good and cinnamony, and a nice after dinner treat.
 
Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.