Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

December 6, 2012

Cumin and Lime Roasted Sweet Potatoes



Cumin and Lime Roasted Sweet Potatoes
 
This is a great, easy recipe from the September 2012 Vegetarian Times. 
I'll certainly make this recipe again and again.
 
I rarely eat sweet potatoes when they're not sweet - boiled and mashed with butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar.  Delicious!  But I was curious about this savory version.
 
I was delighted to find that these are delicious, and even mildly sweet, roasted with cumin, paprika, and topped with lime and cilantro.  They're really, really good!
 
I started by peeling and cubing my potatoes while the oven was pre-heating to 425*.
I tossed them with 1 tsp of olive oil and placed them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Then I sprinkled them with smoked paprika, cumin, and the juice of half a lime.

 
The potatoes roasted for 45 minutes and were plenty tender, so I transferred them to a platter and sprinkled them with the other half of lime, and topped them with chopped fresh cilantro.
 
Yummy!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.