Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

April 30, 2012

Roasted Shrimp Scampi

Good Housekeeping's
Roasted Shrimp Scampi

Brennan found this recipe in my folder of untried recipes and was so excited that we made it tonight.
I am not sure that the title gives the best description.

I'd probably call it something like "Vermicelli with Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus".

Regardless of the name, it was good!

I preheated the oven to 450* and tossed the asparagus in olive oil and Kosher salt.
I then roasted it for 5 minutes.


Basil and Mint from my pots

Then I tossed the shrimp with garlic, lemon peel, red pepper, and mint and added it to the asparagus baking sheet after those first 5 minutes.
I then roasted both for another 5 minutes.

Yes, I neglected to pull the tail shells off.  Well, my family didn't have an issue doing it themselves :)

While it was all roasting, I made the pasta.
The original recipe calls for whole-grain spaghetti but I didn't have enough on hand.
So I used the brown rice vermicelli that Brennan chose at Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati last week.
It worked beautifully.



Before draining the vermicelli, I reserved 1/2 c of the pasta water, then tossed together the vermicelli, reserved water, shrimp, asparagus, juice of the lemon, the basil, 2 tsp of olive oil, the rest of the mint, and a little Kosher salt and red pepper flakes.


Everyone gave this dish a big thumbs up, which is always great!
I'll certainly make it again!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.