Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

April 29, 2012

Curried Cream of Celery Soup

Curried Cream of Celery Soup

I have a folder in the kitchen where I stick all the magazine recipes I've ripped out over the years.
I've cleaned it out and have mostly healthy family recipes now.

I was not all that inspired when it came to dinner a week ago, so I asked the boys to go through the folder and choose 3 recipes each that they would like to help me make.

Surprisingly, this is one that Thomas chose, and we made it recently.

I found it in the April/May 2012 Vegetarian Times.

You start by heating olive oil in a large pot and adding the celery, leek, and salt.

Cook it for 5 minutes until the vegetables are soft.

While that's cooking I chopped up the two apples, then added them to the vegetables along with curry powder and let it combine.

Then I added the remaining ingredients and allowed the dish to simmer for awhile.

Then I used my handheld blender to puree until smooth.



I added the lime juice, and seasoned with salt & pepper.

We topped the soup with roasted almonds and celery leaves


We liked the soup, but found it rather spicy, so I'm cutting the curry powder by half the next time I make it.  The modified version is below.

I think the soup was even better warmed up the second day!



Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.