Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

June 30, 2013

Homemade Lemonade

Homemade Lemonade
 
I like to have a pitcher of fresh lemonade in the fridge for the boys, or myself, or for when friends stop by to sit by the pool and catch up.  A pitcher of lemonade and some fresh strawberries makes the perfect snack!
 
I use fresh lemons and juice them on a citrus juicer.  Then add sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves, before adding water and chilling the lemonade. 
 
5 lemons makes about 1.5 cups of lemon juice.  I add 2/3 c sugar. 
 
Some recipes call for equal parts lemon juice and sugar, but there is no way I'm adding 1.5 cups of sugar to a pitcher of lemonade. 
 
2/3 c is the right tartness/sweetness ratio for my family.
 
 
 
A fun thing to do is fill the juiced lemon halves with sherbet (I used pineapple sherbet below) and freeze for game night with the kids, or a pool treat.



Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.