Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

September 5, 2012

Watermelon Salad with Jalapeño and Lime

Watermelon Salad with Jalapeño and Lime
 
I saw this salad in the Vegetarian Times Farmer's Market Cookbook and I've been meaning to try it all summer.
We love sweet watermelon and I almost always have some cut up in the fridge that we eat at most meals.
 
This recipe can be made ahead of time or right before serving.
 
You whisk together lime juice, lime zest, and olive oil and pour it over 3 cups of cubed watermelon.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

 
When you're ready to serve, place some jalapeño rings in each serving dish and mound watermelon on top.

The original recipe calls for garnishing with sea salt, black sesame seeds, and thinly sliced basil.
We served ours without the garnish, but I think the black seeds and basil would make it extra pretty.
 
It's a zesty, only hint of hot at the very end, version of plain watermelon.
I like it, but don't think the oil was necessary at all.
I think watermelon by itself, or with a little lime and lime zest, works just fine!
 

 
Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 
Enjoy!
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness....this has Trip Treleaven written all over it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.