Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

September 1, 2012

Black Bean and Rice Salad

Black Bean and Rice Salad
 
Last week I had friends over and served some light southwestern-y style snacks.
I felt like I didn't have quite enough, so I decided to make a rice salad to go with it.
I used what I had on hand, then topped it with a vinaigrette and it was great!
 
I had leftover brown rice so started with that, heating it up just a bit in the microwave to take off the chill.
Then I rinsed & drained a can of black beans and a can of corn and combined with the rice.
I added a chopped scallion and chopped fresh cilantro.
 
I topped the salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette that Sandy shared with me.  I had not made it before, but it was really great - and a perfect complement to this rice/bean salad.  I have learned a lot from Sandy during her cooking classes - and I now firmly believe everything tastes better with fresh citrus and herbs!
 
The salad disappeared. 
Brennan even had 3 helpings.
 

 
Double click to print as 5x7 recipe cards.


 
 
Buen Provecho!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.