Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

May 1, 2012

Asian Noodle Salad

Asian Noodle Salad

This recipe is inspired ny one I received from the chef who leads the Healthy Cooking classes I'm currently taking on Fridays. 
It sounded like a great recipe for our family tonight.
A big thank you to Sandy for a bunch of new recipes to try!

Like most recipes I make, I customized this one.
I used noodles and veggies that I had on hand.

I decided to use Mei Fun rice noodles that I had in the pantry since this was an Asian inspired dish.
The original recipe says that you could use spaghetti, or really any noodles.

Most rice noodles require soaking for a few minutes before boiling just like you would spaghetti, so I soaked it for about 3 minutes, drained it and put it in boiling water until done.

The results. 
I rinsed it in cold water and drained it very well.


While the noodles were cooking, I sliced up some vegetables I had on hand and sauteed them in olive and sesame oil until tender.  I seasoned with garlic powder and a little Kosher salt.

For this dish I sliced 2 carrots, 3 large napa cabbage leaves, 3 scallions, and half a bag of snow peas.



I tossed the noodles with Thai Peanut Sauce and mixed in the sauteed vegetables.
Then topped with chopped peanuts.


It was really good, and everyone asked that I add it to my list of recipes that we use again and again!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.